The Lord says that His love for us is not contingent upon anything we attain or in what we might be doing for Him. Indeed His love for each one of us just IS. He tells us that He loves us because He is love and we were fashioned by Him in love. Such a great price He paid that we might know Him and accept the Truth that repentance on our part brings mercy on His part. He says to me in this hour… His deepest desire for each of us is that we learn to truly reign with Him and that we learn how to manifest His glory on the earth as it is in heaven. The trials and suffering that you and I are facing are working together to cause us to learn how to truly worship and praise Him through it all. Yes, it is through our praise of Him, even in our pain and trials that we still trust in Jesus. We still trust in God. May we go forth with courage into a future that appears to be quite dark and menacing to our minds but learning to trust in our glorious King and putting our hope in the true and faithful God. It is in Him that we live and move and have our being.
Proverbs 18:21 says that death and life are in the power of the tongue. I say that death and life are in the power of the pen, as well. I mean as I write in my journal the words often feed me and give me strength when I feel weak, hope when I am down, courage when I feel anxious, and faith when I have fear. The words I wrote many years ago may lift me and feed my soul and my spirit. I am surprised and humbled that when I share with others these same words help them in their own life journeys.
These are words that come to me in the darkest part of the night to bring me into a new place of trusting. He wants us to take the "high road". I asked Him what this is and how can we find it. He said that the high road is the one where we are empowered by His might in a deeper way for without His strength on this path, we would die. I am reminded of Psalm 18:12 … “It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, and sets me in my high places."
Light Bearers we would be
Ever shining all for Thee.
Though all around is dark and filled with gloom.
We are His Lights to shine into each room.
He asks us to shine throughout the nations.
Magnifying His Name in every station.
Resting in His Hand and singing from our hearts
God takes us to where Kingdom living starts.
Lord Jesus, heaven in You to us is come.
Our victory is sure for all has completely been done.
You suffered and died that we might forever live.
With all that is in us our praises we give.
Transform us for always Your glory
Will tell the beautiful love story.
Of mercy and grace, forgiveness and light
A song of deliverance shines bright in the night.
Psalm 139:11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me.”
Even the night shall be light about me; Indeed the darkness shall not hide
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both
alike to You.
Twin Sisters Mountain seen from Doug and Amber's house in Estes Park
A bit of Treat-Family news:
- Earl and I are enjoying living with Dusty in his home in Loveland this summer. He has been so gracious to share with us his upstairs space since the sale of Shiloh House in April and our spring mission trip to Georgia.
- My book “Following the Shepherd” is now at the publishers and soon should be ready for distribution. The writing of it has been a fun, yet a challenging voyage. It could be compared to a birth of a child. Can you go with me there? Sisters who have had a baby may understand. For like being pregnant with a child, I was very involved in his life and yet I am only an observer as it is God’s “baby” and just as I did with our sons, I am praying that this little book will bring glory to God through out the whole world. Going where I can’t go, taking hope and salvation to many.
- We are planning another “Mark IV Harvest Show and Tell” in NW Kansas on the 20th. We hope many of you that live in that area will be able to attend.
- Our tickets are purchased for our fall trip to Georgia. Plans are to leave on the fifth of September and return the last of October. With school starting just days after we arrive, we’ll jump right into ministry with a two-day teacher training.
- David, Heka and family are moving to China where they will continue to be His ambassadors of hope. The two Little Lights Homes in Nagaland are filled with 30 lovely children and a capable loving staff to care for them.
- Doug, Amber and family are busy with life in Estes Park and they have taken several wonderful trips this summer.
- Daniel, Reeta, and family are preparing to move to the Czech Republic the last of this month. They will be helping with the new church plant there and Daniel will be teaching English and making videos of the work that their church is doing. Reeta will be homeschooling the children and working alongside Daniel. It will be a three-month mission trip as they follow the Shepherd’s leading in their lives.
- Dathan and Hilary and family are very busy with their jobs and being lights for Him. Toby soon to be 8 and Sam who is 5, and Annalise, 2, are growing and learning to love Jesus more everyday.
- Dusty’s job as a production engineer with Wasson Company in Ft. Collins is fulfilling and a great fit. He enjoys spending time with his dad, friends, and brothers hunting elk in the mountains and pheasant hunts in NW Kansas.
I am thankful for so many things, but high on my gratitude-list are the friends that stand with us in our mission to Georgia. I’m quite sure that without their prayers and gifts we would not be able to continue our work there. If you have ever prayed for us or given to Mark IV Harvest in any way, we want you to know that we are very grateful and we pray that God blesses you and yours, always.
My heart for this coming trip is summed up in this little verse:
There is within my heart a song to sing.
Unto Him I raise my voice in praise and thanks for everything.
Although I don’t always understand
I choose to trust the One with the nail-scared hand.
Praying for others that they will be
Strengthened with might and given eyes to see.
To know His love being filled with His peace
For repentance and forgiveness brings true release.