May the joy and peace of Jesus shine brightly upon you throughout this wonderful season and each day in the coming New Year! May the glorious light of His unconditional love shine brighter and brighter upon you through each new day and may His hope release you from all fear as you trust in His awesome faithfulness!
Dearest Family and Friends,
It is looking a lot like Christmas in northern Colorado!
As we look out our windows, we see at least a foot of snow on the ground and silvery ice covering every branch and blade of grass. The sun seems to be boldly trying to peek through the heavy moisture-laden clouds and the snow continues to fall like diamonds sprinkling down from heaven upon Shiloh House. The exquisite beauty of this winter's day truly leaves us breathless in worshipful praise to our God and King! Can anyone doubt the reality of a Heavenly Father that can create such magnificence for our enjoyment? And to think that He lives in our hearts forever is beyond comprehension! There is no one like Jesus!
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." (John 8:12)
As we reflect upon the past year, our hearts are filled with gratitude for our faithful God as He has blessed in so many ways! Here are just a few:
- From April until the last of September, He gave us the strength and provision to serve in our beloved adopted country - Georgia!
- He helped us finish the 6,000 sq. ft. wing so that all of the precious students of The School of Tomorrow/Georgia could be in one location, instead of different parts of the city. Together, through your generous and sacrificial giving and many prayers this was accomplished in just 3 and 1/2 months! All the Georgians were amazed!
- The purchase of a van for our work in Georgia greatly facilitated our efforts!
- We hosted many visitors in our home here in Colorado and also in the flat we rented in Georgia!
- Leading staff into a closer walk with the Lord is always our deepest desire and prayer. Indeed, we were allowed to be used in a number of our beloved friends and co-worker's lives through-out our time in Georgia! To God be the glory!
- We welcomed our 11th grandchild (9th grandson) as David and Heka were blessed with precious Zakavi Yepthomi on October 30. We thank God for this beautiful gift!
- Through you, our wonderful family and friends, we have experienced so much encouragement! Your many cards, letters, gifts, and prayers are all appreciated so very much! Again, we say, "Thank you!" with all of our hearts!
We deeply appreciate your prayers for us as we continue to over-see The School of Tomorrow/Georgia. Please continue to pray for us as we look at traveling back to Georgia in early 2008. Much can be done long-distance, but some things require us to be there in person. We hope to work on the playground and landscaping around the school, provide personal council to staff and students; with Bible studies and friendship evangelism all high on our list of goals for this trip.
Our Savior Loves, Our Savior Lives, and Our Savior is Coming Again! Will this be the year?
Earl and Jan Treat
Mark IV Harvest
3070 Suri Trail
Bellvue, CO 80512
The whole Treat family, 2007 - Happy New Year to you and yours!